ASE: American Student Educators
The American Student Educators (ASE) Program is a 4-6 week summer program in Japan. American university students from top tier universities travel to Japan as a team to teach Japanese middle school and high school students; help boost their confidence in English communication; expose them to a different style of learning and help to develop their critical thinking skills. In addition, university students speak about their experiences at their respective university giving Japanese students a taste of what it is like studying at an American university.
Facilitate a Global Education for Japanese Students!
Gain Teaching Experience Abroad!
Make New Connections and Gain Cross Cultural Experience!
- To help Japanese middle and high school students practice their conversational English
- To expose the Japanese students to the American style of learning and teaching
- To give the Japanese students a taste of what life is like at an American University
- To help Japanese students develop their critical thinking skills
- To give American university students a chance to live and work in Japan and experience its culture
- To provide American university students with an opportunity to impact young Japanese students
- To give American university students a chance to act as American ambassadors
- Develop 2-3 seminars/lessons of their choosing to conduct for the participants
- Implement the ESL Curriculum developed and provided by the program
- Lead discussions in a relaxed setting daily
- Be prepared to speak about their experience at their university
- Supervise activities within their classroom
- Any other tasks necessary for the successful operation of the Program
- Review orientation materials that Adz Group provides prior to departure for Japan; participate in an in-person orientation in Japan